Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

[-]
Tags
pc rebooting randomly or not giving signal on boot

PC rebooting randomly or not giving signal on boot
My PC for the past month or so has been restarting randomly and ofc gives a beep on start up, it then gave no signal when booting.(I set it to beep on startup in BIOS) 

Tried it on different screens, tried different graphics cards (another 1050ti) took apart and checked, cleaned my GPU and PSU and changed PCI slots and it just worked again for a week.

It has now done it again but even after cleaning CPU, etc, all the same fixes when I start my pc it doesn't beep and doesn't give any signal.

I've taken out all my ram and am running on 1 8gb ddr4 only. 

Cleaned heatsink and refitted CPU

I've unplugged and replugged all power cables, I can't get a signal from the motherboard when trying to boot from integrated graphics and am at a loss for what to do.

Going to remove and reinstall my PSU again now but it seems like it's a far cry.

Anyone have any ideas?, 

Specs:
B250m Pro4 mobo 
Intel quad core cpu 
1tb hdd 
256gb ssd 
512gb ssd
Nvidia 1050ti
Corsair VS550 PSU 
4 x 8gb hyperx fury DDR4
(01-05-2020, 09:59 AM)xII_FROSTY_IIx Wrote: My PC for the past month or so has been restarting randomly and ofc gives a beep on start up, it then gave no signal when booting.(I set it to beep on startup in BIOS) 

Tried it on different screens, tried different graphics cards (another 1050ti) took apart and checked, cleaned my GPU and PSU and changed PCI slots and it just worked again for a week.

It has now done it again but even after cleaning CPU, etc, all the same fixes when I start my pc it doesn't beep and doesn't give any signal.

I've taken out all my ram and am running on 1 8gb ddr4 only. 

Cleaned heatsink and refitted CPU

I've unplugged and replugged all power cables, I can't get a signal from the motherboard when trying to boot from integrated graphics and am at a loss for what to do.

Going to remove and reinstall my PSU again now but it seems like it's a far cry.

Anyone have any ideas?, 

Specs:
B250m Pro4 mobo 
Intel quad core cpu 
1tb hdd 
256gb ssd 
512gb ssd
Nvidia 1050ti
Corsair VS550 PSU 
4 x 8gb hyperx fury DDR4

Hi,

What is the CPU temps when it's doing nothing, and when you're playing games? Does the computer just completely power off with no shutdown when it does it or how does it crash? This helps in determining the issue.

Just looking at a random Nvidia 1050 ti, one shows a recommended PSU of 600 watt. It could be that the Graphics card is pulling more power than the PSU can supply. Try installing GPU-Z and run some stress tests. If it does it when running a stress test, then the issue is likely the PSU. You might be able to find some monitoring program such as HWinfo to see what the GPU is pulling.