Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

[-]
Tags
broken pc

Broken PC
Okay so basically it's my own fault but I broke my PC, but I'm not sure which component I've broken and need to replace. So basically from moving house, I think the box my computer was packed in must have jolted and broken my graphics card. Now that was my first mistake, so that was that put the graphics card in the bin and was going to buy a new one but never got round to it. Now this was my second mistake, but I continued to use my computer as it was without the graphics card for just simple stuff like photoshops and university work, but now it's completely slowed down to the point where I can log on but no further, I get to my desktop and the taskbar and icons don't load and nothing opens, I was wondering if anyone would know what component has now broken to cause this? I'm going to then replace that component and my graphics card with my next student loan Smile
[Image: biggrin.gif]    

Check to see if your Power Supply fan is running.  Without any temperature sensor to tell us that it is red hot
the components do not give enough wattage.   Unusual operating system behavior may be caused by the PSU and its the last place most people look.

What anti virus programs are you using?
(04-01-2020, 03:14 PM)Maniac Wrote: Okay so basically it's my own fault but I broke my PC, but I'm not sure which component I've broken and need to replace. So basically from moving house, I think the box my computer was packed in must have jolted and broken my graphics card. Now that was my first mistake, so that was that put the graphics card in the bin and was going to buy a new one but never got round to it. Now this was my second mistake, but I continued to use my computer as it was without the graphics card for just simple stuff like photoshops and university work, but now it's completely slowed down to the point where I can log on but no further, I get to my desktop and the taskbar and icons don't load and nothing opens, I was wondering if anyone would know what component has now broken to cause this? I'm going to then replace that component and my graphics card with my next student loan Smile

If you think about it like this; the PSU powers the computer on, and the fact that you got to your desktop shows that all the core parts are working, cpu, motherboard, etc. So it sounds like a software OS issue. Have you tried booting into safe mode? F8 at boot. It could possibly be running something in the background that is resource intensive. Try hitting CTRL + Shift + ESC on keyboard to bring up task manager and see what process is running high under the CPU column.
(04-01-2020, 03:14 PM)Maniac Wrote: Okay so basically it's my own fault but I broke my PC, but I'm not sure which component I've broken and need to replace. So basically from moving house, I think the box my computer was packed in must have jolted and broken my graphics card. Now that was my first mistake, so that was that put the graphics card in the bin and was going to buy a new one but never got round to it. Now this was my second mistake, but I continued to use my computer as it was without the graphics card for just simple stuff like photoshops and university work, but now it's completely slowed down to the point where I can log on but no further, I get to my desktop and the taskbar and icons don't load and nothing opens, I was wondering if anyone would know what component has now broken to cause this? I'm going to then replace that component and my graphics card with my next student loan Smile

Download UVK with your last breath on your slow computer.   Ultra Virus Killer, and select, System Repair.
First, AdwCleaner, and clear your throat of the adware & malware.   Next, Malwarebytes, and it downloads that software, and scan your computer.  Next, AVG antivirus Free, and do a Boot time scan, and catch more of the
bugs that have infiltrated your computer.
         All you DID, and we KNOW you DID IT, was click on bad websites that are laying and waiting for unsuspecting students like you!  
          With programs like these installed, a warning window will open when you DO IT, again, warning of trojans and other Possibly Unwanted Programs or PUP's that came down loading with other programs from GEEK PRO's who know to do this    Our internet used to be even worse, with Google Chrome, choking  and saying AW SNAP, CRASH.   I contracted the malware that made Google Chrome, Mozilla Fox, combine together to a huge DIGI MON, monster, with all sorts of attachments.   Now you can select System Repair and clean your browsers.
           [Image: angel.gif]  [Image: biggrin.gif]   Take it one day at a time.   Do not sweat over petty things and do not pet sweaty things.